Grain Free Pumpkin Bread (Paleo Friendly)
Updated: Oct 21, 2020
This is a perfect seasonal item, but tends to be super heavy in oil and sugar. So with some editing of the normal recipe for some cleaner ingredients, I came up with this!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 can pumpkin puree
1 T vanilla extract
1/4 C light tasting olive oil or avocado oil
1/3 C almond butter
1 cup coconut sugar
3 T 100% maple syrup
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 C almond flour
1/2 C arrowroot powder
1 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1. Mix the first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
2. Add in the remaining ingredients and combine.
3. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. (See note below)
4. Bake for 25-30 mins. The knife should come out clean and it should not wiggle.
5. Let cool completely before cutting.
- If you want to use a loaf pan instead, use 2 and split the batter evenly between them. Bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.
- I linked the avocado oil spray I typically use for baking, it is by chosen foods. The packaging varies in store. I can usually find this at Target and Publix.